Reply to topic  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Your Hobbies 

hobbies aye... i like taking long walks and getting caught in the rain 9 _ 9

that or working every other second i'm not playing ns

Wed Feb 21, 2007 1:40 am

Hiking, canoeing for me, paintball as well.
1st one is tipmmann 98c with ebolt, 2nd one is tippmann a5 with etrigger and apex barrel, 3rd one is smartparts Ion with virtueboard, qev and bodykit.

Wed Feb 21, 2007 10:28 pm

Heres my toy.
M-4 model, classic army, added longer inner barrel, and silencer covers it up, red dot scope. First got it to practice ARMs, but well now I airsoft with some of my army buddies... I also have another m4 with a 203, Glock, USP, Mac 10 and a MP5......

Thu Feb 22, 2007 12:03 am

paintball is fun....and painful. if i saw those guns comeat me, i think i would just hide and hold up a white flag. is there a certain muzzle velocity that is allowed with all these mods?

Thu Feb 22, 2007 6:29 am

Mine shoots about 435 fps. I know of some guys i play with who shoot close to 500... Some places regulate on the fps and have you crono before playing. I think its the same for paintball, I guess it depends on the place, I dont use my m4 cept for things far and medium range, I got shot at close range by someone who was shooting close to 500 and I started bleeding.... I have the glock or usp which shoot about 300 for anything close...

Thu Feb 22, 2007 7:50 am
Jigglyroom Admin

Being a college student.... i do the typical college student type of things.
I go to class, then i procrastinate, then i study all night.

On a daily basis in my free(procrastination) time i go to the gym and run/lift weights, play ultimate Frisbee, very occasionally play NS, and just shoot the shit with my friends.

In a more general sense my hobbies are building/ toying with robotics, surfing, and playing music.

I go to University of Texas and enjoy college football. I'm in the marching band so i go to all the games and get real into that kinda stuff.

Over the past few years i've been in a couple different moderately successful ska bands.

My weekends are filled mostly with college parties, drinking, and studying.

bind k "amx_kick STEAM_0:0:3700026"

Thu Feb 22, 2007 6:28 pm
Profile WWW
Attention Whore! Look at meeeeeeeeee!
Attention Whore! Look at meeeeeeeeee!

school
friends
guitar
ns

in that order pretty much. im really into cars but dont have the time/space/money to do any work on them while in school. I have a 92 camaro (the last good looking camaro) 355 5-speed and an 89 firebird that im giving to my little brother and a jacked up 78 t/a thats waiting to be restored.

i go to university of california, irvine getting a bs in aerospace engineering, mechanical engineering, and materials science and engineering (there's a lot of overlap). i dont spend much time doing school, but its picking up cause im starting upper division classes and maybe some research next quarter.

played paintball in highschool, been playing guitar since freshman year, mostly megadeth/metallica, classic rock(esp zep), punk, and ska.

Fri Feb 23, 2007 5:41 pm

Manitoba! cool!. BC boy here. Apart from working too much I devote alot of time to downhill mtn biking, fly fishing, and playing with my 18 mth old daughter. Oh yeah and gibbing with all the peeps in jiggyroom.

Fri Feb 23, 2007 5:54 pm
Jigglyroom Admin

Manitoba blows. It's too cold in the winter, and too hot in the summer. I lived on Vancouver Island my whole life 'til about a year ago.

edit: It's too flat out here too.

He's a man who won't fit in.

Sat Feb 24, 2007 10:14 am

Manitoba blows. It's too cold in the winter, and too hot in the summer. I lived on Vancouver Island my whole life 'til about a year ago.

edit: It's too flat out here too.
Yeah I spent the first three years of my life in winterpeg, then we moved to vancouver all I remember was mosquitos and snow. Vancouver Island is beautiful, brother in law lives there. Great place to grow up :)

Sat Feb 24, 2007 9:57 pm

Besides the old twig and berries I play other instruments for fun as well as for the ass that it brings home. After work I play this devilish game and smoke pot. I also like long walks on the beach, jazz, and the occasional candlelight dinner.

Sun Feb 25, 2007 2:11 am

Hey Iron, talked to my friend who is a cav scout who works with the Bradley, He told me it was a bitch to load that 25 mm cause the rounds are so heavy and that driving it was fun, he said when going down a slope it felt like he was going down a cliff cause you cant really see anything that is closer than 5 feet I think. Cause of where the driver hatch is and that thing is so big. Even with the driver hatch open and him looking out, still felt like going off a cliff. How is the room for the dismounts in the lavs? He had some funny stories about how if the driver didn't angle the tank while going down a slope the tank would hit the bottom of the slope really hard and cause everyone inside except the driver to be knock around. He told me about his friend who almost got his balls smashed cause he was in the gunner position and they went down a slope straight and its so cramped in the turret, with all the equipment.

Thu Mar 08, 2007 1:43 am
Jigglyroom Admin

Yeah, we've been doing 25mm uploads this past week. The uploads are actually not that bad. Yeah, the rounds are kinda heavy, but you just put a table by the driver's escape hatch to put the rounds on while you feed them into the turret. There's sometimes a bit of fiddling to get the first round up into the feed rotors (occasionally a round will bind somewhere in the feed chutes), but a bit of rattling the chutes usually sorts it out. The REAL cocksucker is getting the feed chutes on in the first place. W/ the cannon in the turret, there is almost no room, so you're trying to line the chutes up w/ the feeder almost blind while the guy down by the driver's escape hatch pushes up on the chutes to take some of the weight off. We've got a five-minute rule: If you can't get the bitch on in five minutes, jump out and let someone else have a go. The primary chute is bad enough, but the secondary is a huge pain in the ass. Our Sgt. made it look easy the first time he did it, but it seemed like I fucked around w/ that thing forever before it finally went where it was supposed to.

As for driving it, well, I couldn't say. Hatches down, the view is for shit, even w/ the thermal aid. Hatches up still isn't great, but it's better. Anywhere that the driver has to be careful, there's always someone in front of the vehicle giving steering cues (in the bays, for example), but out in the field, it's the crew commander that will tell the driver where to go. Out on the open road, the "official" max speed is supposed to be 100 km/h, but our drivers say they can get it up to around 120 km/h or so (though I'm not sure I'd want to be in one at that speed.)

As for room, they are comparable to the Strykers, except that we have less space w/ the 25mm turret. You can get about 7-8 guys in the back, though w/ 8 it's getting pretty cramped. Packs you usually keep behind the seats or up in the turret bustle rack.

Yeah, there's not a lot of room in the turret, but you get used to it. If you're at all claustrophobic, well, stay away from turret ops or crew commander. Add driver to that too. They say that a computer designed the turret to "fit around" an average-sized human shape, and I believe it. I'm pretty tall (6'3"), and I figure I'm at the top end of the range of people who can fit inside the turret, comfortably or otherwise. I'll find out how exciting it is inside the turret when we do stab runs at the end of the course.

He's a man who won't fit in.

Thu Mar 08, 2007 12:37 pm

Thats me with the puck about to score, oh yeah... ;)

Thu Mar 08, 2007 6:18 pm

Well I upgrade my truck? dont really know what i do anymore its been so long since i have had a 3 day weekend. I do just hang with friends and talk shit to everyeone and everything but that seems to get boring fast. Probably hanging out at the car meets and laughing when i see there riced up hondas :) that brings alot of pleasure. After I bring down there Egos I smash them to a million pieces when I Take them out in my beautiful truck hehe. Currently working on getting some headers fabricated and installing some pullies, cold air (which i have been putting off for you too long), Getting it tuned for firm shift points and having it in the power band for longer periods of time yep thats what I be doing. I am currently looking to do some new shit but nothing has yet to peak my interest. ah well.

Fri Mar 09, 2007 7:19 am
Reply to topic   [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next