Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 
Favorite trees 

Whats your favorite kind of tree? I like redwoods and oak trees (nothing beats a nice deciduous forest), but i really hate willow trees . . . they're so droopy and annoying.

Discuss.

Tue Mar 18, 2008 11:55 am

Tue Mar 18, 2008 12:26 pm

It's funny cause I have this little paper drawing, that says whats your favorite type of tree, and 3 are short and spherical, and one is an obvious pine tree, but the 5th looks oddly like a nug...

But being serious, sequoia, pomegranted, and the cherry tree that my dad has in his back yard, it's 4 types of cherrys, and it polinates itself. My dad spliced and grew it from a sappling and now it's over 25 feet tall and has excellent cherrys

Tue Mar 18, 2008 3:34 pm

bomb tree is my favorite kind of tree

It's funny cause I have this little paper drawing, that says whats your favorite type of tree, and 3 are short and spherical, and one is an obvious pine tree, but the 5th looks oddly like a nug...

But being serious, sequoia, pomegranted, and the cherry tree that my dad has in his back yard, it's 4 types of cherrys, and it polinates itself. My dad spliced and grew it from a sappling and now it's over 25 feet tall and has excellent cherrys
grafted fruit trees are epic . . . knew a guy that had a pear+peach+something else combo, but a 4-way cherry sounds amazing!

Tue Mar 18, 2008 4:00 pm

Erik if you had been in game and said "I made a thread about people's favorite trees, and people are responding" I would have LOLed, and said you should write material for Moogle.

I'm kind of surprised to see that people are not only taking it seriously, but have interesting and unique stories to tell about it. (TAK).

Very cool.

--Locane

Tue Mar 18, 2008 5:36 pm

bomb tree is my favorite kind of tree

mmm cherries.. i like them, but teh pits get annoying sometimes lol, cherry pies though *two thumbs up*

Tue Mar 18, 2008 6:32 pm

it's kinda cool, and I didn't realize how awesome it was until I moved out

but my trees my dad has in our backyard: Lemons, grapefruit, peach, cherry, apple, pomegrante (softball size, dark red berrys), 2 artichoke, apricot, 2 types of plum tree, nectarine, and one other citrus in the back, and then two seasonal plots where squash, cucumber, brocolli, cauliflower, snow peas, pumpkins, etc rotate in and out of. When were not using the seasonal plots for growing, there is always a rotating compost hole so the soil can regenerate.

He's a plant Pathologist, so this is just a casually hobby I guess. All strictly organic, with the exception of spraying for leaf curl and other random stuff out of season. It's nuts but he goes out and garbage bags the citrus trees whenever there will be a frost.

No wonder MUGA didn't leave the backyard

Tue Mar 18, 2008 11:44 pm

it's kinda cool, and I didn't realize how awesome it was until I moved out

but my trees my dad has in our backyard: Lemons, grapefruit, peach, cherry, apple, pomegrante (softball size, dark red berrys), 2 artichoke, apricot, 2 types of plum tree, nectarine, and one other citrus in the back, and then two seasonal plots where squash, cucumber, brocolli, cauliflower, snow peas, pumpkins, etc rotate in and out of. When were not using the seasonal plots for growing, there is always a rotating compost hole so the soil can regenerate.

He's a plant Pathologist, so this is just a casually hobby I guess. All strictly organic, with the exception of spraying for leaf curl and other random stuff out of season. It's nuts but he goes out and garbage bags the citrus trees whenever there will be a frost.

No wonder MUGA didn't leave the backyard

that sounds like a pretty sweet hobby, plants and trees are kind of wonderous

Wed Mar 19, 2008 2:16 pm

I bought a 10,000 square foot lot and cut all my trees down..... I love trees I really do.

Fri Mar 21, 2008 3:35 pm

Fri Mar 21, 2008 3:41 pm
Profile ICQ

Oak trees are all over Florida, so I've gotten used to them. They always seemed so strong and tall. We used one in my backyard to build a really cool tree fort a few years ago when i was eleven. Just nailed wood into its side as a ladder and used larger sheets for makeshift floors and walls. Sadly it got invaded by termites and it wasn't safe to climb anymore :(
Another one in my yard got hit by lightning and on contact made such a loud sound and a really bright flash of light that filled the whole sky. It has a scar running down it about 3 inches deep and about 10 feet long. Badass!!!!

Sat Mar 22, 2008 7:59 pm

Umm coolest tree I ever saw was a 12 foot marijuana tree in an old buddies greenhouse 8) I stopped counting tops / colas at like 75 and there was no fn way you could get your arms around , it was like a really fat xmas tree :shock: It was in the sticks + had 2 rotties to look after the property :idea:

Tue Apr 01, 2008 2:18 am

I remember a while ago someone posted a picture of a incredibly huge cannabis tree (sativa) in, I believe, Cuba. All outdoors, damn thing was higher than the house. I'll see if I can still find the picture of it.

Thu Apr 03, 2008 11:51 pm
Reply to topic   [ 13 posts ]