Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
TFC. Flag Room Defense and Other Tactics Part 2 

You have all experienced it. You come to a server and it is full of scripted, bunny-hopping, speed hack creepoids who are capping the flag at a speed which is very annoying, and very frustrating. I have experienced this also and I have found a way to stop these freaks in their GAY tracks every time.

When you come across a server like this don't even entertain the idea of going offensive. Defensive is what is needed here. A tight, defensive net that captures, and eliminates the speed demon, bunny hopping creep every time. Your job is to deny this freak the flag. Don't even worry about your score, and hopefully a few of your team mates will be frustrated as well and might even join you in stopping this.

When a bunny-hopping player first shows up on a server everyone is so intent on killing him that all ideas of coordinated efforts to stop him go flying out the door. It is important to be VERY coordinated in stopping speed freaks. This is where the "TEAM" in Team Fortress Classics come into play. Trust me...there is no other way to stop these guys.

I've gone to servers that totally caters to bunny-hopping, and scripted speed hacks. My take on the situation is that these guys that using these hacks cannot be good in other way, so on these servers they get to be "somebody" for a few moments in their pathetic lives. My job is to toss a sabot into their little world views, and kill them where they stand. Its rather fun, and it gives me more skill. My reasoning is this: If I can kill the cheaters, then the non-cheaters on normal servers will be easier to own. I found this to be very true.

In the flag room you want to set a trap. Once the speed freak is in this trap death is the result. for this trap to be set you need 2 SGs, and 2 Dispensers, with at least 1 medic. The Medic is used because of the medics speed. As usual you want one SG to be set at the bottom of the elevator, and one set near the front of the flag room entrance. You also want want 1 dispenser to be placed at the first left entrance to the flag room, and the other to be place at the elevator facing entrance to the flag room. Also both Engineers should have a key bound to detonate the dispensers. The medic is there to basically mop up the situation if it gets ugly. The Engineers should be skilled at nade tossing also.

Any bunny-hopping player who enters should be trapped and eliminated by this flag defending task group. Once he has enter the flag room he should be destroyed very quickly.

I came across a server where the score was 80/10 The server was full of bunny-hopping losers. I quickly joined the losing team who had 10 points. I found out that the reason they were losing was because half the team were snipers, and the other half were scouts and a few medics and 1 Engineer who didn't really understand anything about SG placement. I harassed everyone on that team and made them get more Engineers, and limited the amount of scouts, and had them deploy their SGs in a more logical pattern. I showed them how to bind a command to detonate dispensers. I had HWs in place along areas that was PERFECT to kill speed freaks. Within 20 minutes of me showing up we went from 10 points to winning the game.

Knowing how to deploy, and use the classes, and their strengths are paramount in TFC if you want to win.

Tue Mar 18, 2008 12:30 am

Tue Mar 18, 2008 6:11 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]