Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Marijuana Strain report 

So I decided we need a counterpart to the beer thread, and I'm always looking to try new interesting strains (preferably without wasting my time/money buy/growing shit). Post up with your favorites, how they affect you in particular!

My personal favorite (so far), but I might be biased as it was also my first amazing high:
Trainwreck - Real trainwreck traces back through clones to the og mother in arcata, and has an unmistakable high. the taste is soft and fuzzy and the smell is fresh and sweet (if your lucky and got some straight from the bolt it usually has a killer redwood overtone). *pulls out nug*. mmmm. two tokes from my bonggler (1 real bongrip) puts you in the clouds, smoke a whole bowl and you'll quickly realize where it gets its name. The body load is INCREDBILE . . . i've gotten pre-orgasmic(repeatedly, not just once) muscle spasms by sitting down and not moving . . . its bliss. Do NOT smoke if you have a headache, a bowl of this and it actually feels like a train is (indefinitely) hitting you in the face (but thanks to the analgesic properties, it doesnt "hurt"). Can be incredibly social and very insightful, it is very clear for the body high you get, although smoke too much and you'll get plenty 'retarded.' The best thing about TW, however(well, tied with how good it makes physical contact feel), is the visuals. People who don't think weed can be hallucinogenic haven't smoked enough trainwreck. You can get effects ranging from strobing, "frame tearing", "3-D glasses"/stereoscope, to complete OEV/CEV, to the frame rate of your vision (apparently) slowing down to about 3-6 fps. And you can turn it on and off at will, as well as controlling the visuals themselves.

beware consuming when under large amounts of emotional stress, you will have a really really shitty 2-3 hours and end up completely solving your problem(not sure if its worth the 2-3 hours though), and again, don't smoke if you have a bad headache(unless you want to feel like you are exploding without pain or release).

recommended activities:
movies
milkdrop
socialize
other mind altering drugs
cuddling/sex (do it alone if you have to)
introspection
complex theories

precautions:
you're eyelids will probably be hooded the whole time, just keep em up :D
can give you a fairly gnarly headache (but it doesnt really "hurt")
you can hurt yourself (frostbite, holding in that huge bongrip too long, etc) because pain becomes the same as any other sensation
it lacks the tamed properties of more genetically developed strains, TW is a beast of nature, treat it with respect.

next up: pineapple punch.

Wed Feb 27, 2008 10:15 pm

This should prove interesting if nothing else.

Wed Feb 27, 2008 10:35 pm

My god... Erik, if you smoke pot all day, what exactly are you contributing to society?

I mean, having a fine taste for something is great and all, but wow... I didn't read half of your post until I got the idea that you're probably a little more into marijuana than anyone I know.

--Locane

Wed Feb 27, 2008 11:35 pm

Gee, I go to school, work, study, learn, socialize, formulate potential advancements in science, psychology, and sociology, actively contribute to the molding and actual structure of society, and above all enjoy myself. What are you contributing to society?

Thu Feb 28, 2008 12:44 am

I would also like to point out that I don't even buy into the whole "You must serve society in X or Y role or you aren't fulfilling your necessary role as a human" load of crap. Some set of essentially arbitrary notions has no bearing on what is or isn't fulfilling for me as an entity. But I really don't think that is necessary here

Thu Feb 28, 2008 12:51 am

good to see someone has a firm handle on the breadth and depth that can be found in some nugs

usually I hear people wax on eloquently in this manner about beer...

Thu Feb 28, 2008 3:03 am

I'm not sure how I feel about having a thread on the boards which glorifies the use of an illegal substance. I suppose there's no harm in it? But I still think it's a bad idea. I'm just glad we don't have any bored cops that post on the forums, not that they could do anything about it.

Thu Feb 28, 2008 6:46 am

I'm not sure how I feel about having a thread on the boards which glorifies the use of an illegal substance. I suppose there's no harm in it? But I still think it's a bad idea. I'm just glad we don't have any bored cops that post on the forums, not that they could do anything about it.

A) I still don't see why it's illegality makes it any more or less acceptable than beer.
B) He has a license to smoke it which at least clouds the issue legally.

Thu Feb 28, 2008 9:53 am

TheDoc wrote:

A) I still don't see why it's illegality makes it any more or less acceptable than beer.
B) He has a license to smoke it which at least clouds the issue legally.

A). Because beer is legal, whether you believe its acceptable or not. I also don't drink beer all day every day. I drink once a week at most.

B). In the majority of states, marijuana is not illegal, and while it might be legal medicinally in california on the state level, it's still illegal on the federal level and you theoretically could be prosicuted by the DA. (unlikely).

C.) Because regardless of what your beliefs are about how and why marijuana should be used, its unethical to abuse a perscription by using it for recreational purposes.

Take for example this analogy.

You are given a grant of $10,000 to improve the condition of an orphanage by buying food/clothes/games. Instead you use that money to buy a big screen plasma tv for your office at said orphanage. Using something granted to you for a purpose other than that of its original intention is unethical. Your office is in the orphanage so you have "improved the orphanage" but you still did not use the grant for its intended purpose.

But whatever, I'm not going to argue this point anymore with you guys since you see me as an "evil ignorant conformist." We'll agree to disagree, and when marijuana becomes legal for recreational use on a federal level, I will participate in this thread.

Thu Feb 28, 2008 10:43 am
Site Admin

It’s also unethical to forbid adults to indulge in pleasures that harm only themselves. Granted, I also think Socrates shouldn’t have drank the hemlock, so whadda I know… But advocating and defending the application of an unjust law is a far worse thing than defying it (Even he'd agree with that. Nevermind that there is no such law against discussing it - yet.)

It is worth pointing out that this sort of abuse is what kills most of these programs, however.

Granted, on a personal level, I hate the whole pot-heads obsession with their indulgence, and find most of them annoying beyond belief (particularly the younger ones), but not so much as to feel at ease violating their basic human rights.

Plus this sh*t quickly spills over into other things in life. It’s a slippery slope when you allow the government to dictate to you how to live your life for reasons of health (BTW - how much healthier is JAIL?). I'm still bitter about my trans-fat fries and extra-rare burgers - but if you take it to its ultimate end, you can justify almost any government attrocity against your being with that motivation.
"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere. We are caught in an inescapable network of mutuality, tied in a single garment of destiny. Whatever affects one directly, affects all indirectly." - Martin Luther King
Thothie

PS. Wow, finally got an MLK quote in before the end of BHM. ;)

Thu Feb 28, 2008 10:53 am
Profile YIM WWW

It’s also unethical to forbid adults to indulge in pleasures that harm only themselves. Granted, I also think Socrates shouldn’t have drank the hemlock, so whadda I know… But advocating and defending the application of an unjust law is a far worse thing than defying it (Even he'd agree with that. Nevermind that there is no such law against discussing it - yet.)

It is worth pointing out that this sort of abuse is what kills most of these programs, however.

Granted, on a personal level, I hate the whole pot-heads obsession with their indulgence, and find most of them annoying beyond belief (particularly the younger ones), but not so much as to feel at ease violating their basic human rights.

Plus this sh*t quickly spills over into other things in life. It’s a slippery slope when you allow the government to dictate to you how to live your life for reasons of health (BTW - how much healthier is JAIL?). I'm still bitter about my trans-fat fries and extra-rare burgers - but if you take it to its ultimate end, you can justify almost any government attrocity against your being with that motivation.
"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere. We are caught in an inescapable network of mutuality, tied in a single garment of destiny. Whatever affects one directly, affects all indirectly." - Martin Luther King
Thothie

PS. Wow, finally got an MLK quote in before the end of BHM. ;)

First off, you'd have to first prove the law is unjust by justifying the benefit of legalizing marijuana is greater than that of leaving it illegal.

I fail to see where it is unethical to prevent somebody who is incapable of making good decisions for themself from doing further harm to themself other than to say that it prevents natural selection. The term adult is nothing but a label given to people who reach a certain age, which unfortunately has nothing to do with their maturity level or ability to make good decisions.

Also, I am not forbidding anyone from doing anything, I am simply advising against it for obvious reasons. I don't neccessarily agree that the law is unjust, rather that it is uneccessary.

Thu Feb 28, 2008 11:20 am

Please. The exact reason I made a thread about this instead of bringing it up in the previous drug thread is to escape this ridiculous tirade. I firmly believe that it is the responsibility of good citizens to review and test the laws they are responsible for (and act as champions of). Nothing you can say will ever change that (or change the fact that such a responsibility is WELL EXPRESSED in American history, law, and precedent). STOP BRINGING IT UP.

So just because I take medicine, I can't enjoy it? You don't even have a fucking clue what my prescription is to say I'm "abusing" it. Marijuana is a PROPHYLACTIC for a great many conditions, several of which I am greatly (and currently) susceptible to. I'm not going to discuss the specifics of my medical needs as codified with my doctor, but suffice to say i COULD REASONABLY(within the confines of medical precedence, expediency, etc) be prescribed smoking 2-4 grams a day.

Now you turn around and say that just because I happen to enjoy my medication, that it actually ADDS to my day unilaterally, that I am necessarily "abusing my prescription"? Fucking bullshit man, either get a fucking clue or shut the fuck up. I actually smoke LESS a day than I "should" according to my doctor, so your moral crusade should be getting on my case for not taking all of my meds. Stick that in your pipe and smoke it.

A) personal choice. what you as an individual do has no bearing on how right or wrong what I do is.
B) I could be prosecuted by the DEA, but not any California (state or local) DA. Even me being prosecuted on the federal level is a HUGE debate over state's rights(yeah, the feds SAY that THEY have the most power . . . the states SAY that THEY do. the only reason the feds ever (and the reason why they always will, contrary to their original purpose) have more power in that area is because they always have the last word. Its a flaw in the system, don't get on my case about it). I could also go to jail for 10 years for owning a hydroponic's store and NEVER doing anything illegal, whats your point?
C) I find nearly every thing preventing me from recreationally "abusing" marijuana highly unethical. So we have opinions, whats your point?

I would also like to clarify that I'm REALLY not abusing the system . . . If i just wanted to smoke pot I wouldn't spend the money getting a recommendation . . . gee, penalty for possession of up to an ounce is a $100 fine max(and they have to catch you)? getting a recommendation costs at least that much, and you have to renew it every year.

MAYBE I actually DO care about myself . . . maybe I'm not just some little self-destructive low-life who you need to look after and enslave.

I fail to see where it is ethical to decide that YOU (or anyone else) know ultimately, objectively and without fail what is best for another person.

NOW GTF back on topic. If everyone behaves I'll post again later when I have time. If you guys aren't mature enough to respect another person then we'll see, but I won't be pushed around by incorrect powerless assholes, so theres no point in trying any funny business :D. Thothie or your pinkness, if you aren't comfortable with this I'll respect that, but I really see no reason for concern (and its not like there was anything "wrong" with the other drug thread, which, by the way, talked about more illegal things than this very grey area).

Thu Feb 28, 2008 12:04 pm
Site Admin

First off, you'd have to first prove the law is unjust by justifying the benefit of legalizing marijuana is greater than that of leaving it illegal.

There’s no benefit to it being illegal, at all. The harm of it being illegal, is a basic violation of human rights.

Quote:
I fail to see where it is unethical to prevent somebody who is incapable of making good decisions for themself from doing further harm to themself other than to say that it prevents natural selection.

Because you can justify doing anything, to anyone, under that philosophy. No one is allowed to do anything you feel is not in their best interests.

Quote:
The term adult is nothing but a label given to people who reach a certain age, which unfortunately has nothing to do with their maturity level or ability to make good decisions.

Adult is the term used to describe the time when you are forced to make your own decisions and live with them, regardless of the quality of those decisions. Without allowing citizens to make those decisions, no boy ever becomes a man, and the entire state remains forever infantile. Just laws promote and protect this freedom of choice, rather than deny it.

Quote:
Also, I am not forbidding anyone from doing anything, I am simply advising against it for obvious reasons. I don't neccessarily agree that the law is unjust, rather that it is uneccessary.

An unnecessary law is an unjust law. Doubly so, when it results in mafias and wars. I too am on the drugs are bad train, but laws against drugs have caused far more damage than the drugs by themselves ever could have.

concerened_pothead wrote:
The exact reason I made a thread about this instead of bringing it up in the previous drug thread is to escape this ridiculous tirade.

/hijack… ;) There’s only so many folk here who know the difference between red and green haired Hawaiian bud, and among those, even fewer who care. ‘sides, pointless arguing is so much more fun… And seriously, $50-60 for an eighth? Jeeze. inflation has really hurt you guys since I was running clubs. :P
"When a cause comes along and you know in your bones that it is just, yet refuse to defend it--at that moment you begin to die. And I have never seen so many corpses walking around talking about justice." - Mumia Abu-Jamal
Thothie

Thu Feb 28, 2008 12:26 pm
Profile YIM WWW

There’s no benefit to it being illegal, at all. The harm of it being illegal, is a basic violation of human rights.
\
Wouldn't the benefit be a healthier (theoretically) and longer lived population?

Quote:
Because you can justify doing anything, to anyone, under that philosophy. No one is allowed to do anything you feel is not in their best interests.

But by your philosphy, no drugs should be illegal. Not just marijuana, but we must then legalize crack, lsd, meth, etc. since outlawing those would also be a "basic violation of people's rights." To go even further, then you must legalize anything that doesn't directly harm another person, therefore speeding (or any traffic violation for that matter that doesn't result in an accident), public indecency, statutory rape, public intoxication, along with countless other taboo practices should also be legalized to protect people's most basic rights.

Quote:
Adult is the term used to describe the time when you are forced to make your own decisions and live with them, regardless of the quality of those decisions. Without allowing citizens to make those decisions, no boy ever becomes a man, and the entire state remains forever infantile. Just laws promote and protect this freedom of choice, rather than deny it.

There are plenty of people who start making their own decisions well before the age of 18. Plenty more people over the age of 18 are considered to be adults but are just as infantile if not more so than many people under the age of 18.

Quote:
An unnecessary law is an unjust law. Doubly so, when it results in mafias and wars.

Its only unjust if that which the law outlaws produces justifiably more good than it prevents bad. In your personal opinion, do you think the legalization of marijuana would do more net gppd by granting infantile "adults" the ability to make a poor decision for the sake of freedom, or would it do more net bad by becoming a potetnial health risk for said people? (note* for clarity sake, not everyone who smokes marijuana is infantile and incapable of making good decisions).

Quote:
/hijack… ;) There’s only so many folk here who knows the difference between red and green haired Hawaiian bud, and among those, even fewer who care. ‘sides, pointless arguing is so much more fun…

Agreed.

Quote:
And seriously, $50-60 for an eighth? Jeeze. inflation has really hurt you guys since I was running clubs. :P

That sounded relatively expensive to me too.

I am still not convinced that granting somebody the ability to harm themselves for the sake of giving them unconditional freedom is just.

Thu Feb 28, 2008 12:51 pm

you're working backwards doc. society is a human construct, not the other way around.

there is no evidence that smoking marijuana regularly makes you (as a whole) any more or less healthy or longer lived than anyone else. And if there is any such evidence (i would say that its nowhere near conclusive yet) it appears that it would point in the opposite direction.

yes by that philosophy no drugs should be legal. its well supported by [nearly] all branches of science and sociology. Things like traffic violations, public indecency/intoxication/etc can still be legislated because they involve other people. You are free to run around naked as long as you aren't in community areas that have been designated as clothed areas, you are free to speed on private property, etc, etc, etc. it is perfectly possible to create an ideal society without infringing on people's autonomy. it is, however, near impossible to create an ideal society in which individual sovereignty does not exist.

yes, the age limit of 18(or 21, or 19, or 16) is arbitrary. That doesn't change the fact that such a distinction exists (and that before that distinction was drawn, there was no such distinction, you were either under your family/etc unit or you were entirely responsible for yourself).

There are quite a few potheads that do/have frequented these boards, maybe they aren't here right now and/or aren't speaking up, but I think there is enough demand to warrant this thread (although I agree that the pointless arguing is inevitable).

50-60 an eighth is socal street prices . . . . I've never paid more than 150 for a half ounce of dank (or 40 an eighth), but i have hs friends up north that I usually buy from.

Thu Feb 28, 2008 1:11 pm
Reply to topic   [ 49 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next