Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
Fuck... 

My grandfather just passed away after a long battle with cancer. I feel like shit, so don't be surprised if I don't play anything for a while or if I do, I probably won't be the life of the party.

VTB Dark Willow

Mon Feb 11, 2008 6:15 pm

Last edited by C4K3 on Wed Feb 20, 2008 6:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Feb 11, 2008 7:26 pm

Better for him bro, he is better now, because the pain has no limits. Glad to see it finished. Sad but true, the big C is one of these things that pull the patience, effort, money and hope of the entire family. My mind is with you, and all will be fine now my friend, be sure of that.

PS. You never are the life of the party, more often you are like the drunk moron masturbating in the bathroom in the middle of the party.

Classy Cake. Really fucking classy.

Mon Feb 11, 2008 7:38 pm

Last edited by C4K3 on Wed Feb 20, 2008 6:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Feb 11, 2008 7:44 pm

Sorry to hear that Mr. Toast. Having a member of the family is never easy. You have my sympathies and im sure the rest of the forum feels the same. Take care in the coming days, and maybe shoot some aliens to help yourself feel better.

That being said, you should go grieve with real people and members of your family, and not members of an online gaming forum.

Last edited by TheDoc on Mon Feb 11, 2008 9:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Feb 11, 2008 8:01 pm

My sympathies TOAST... Having lost my mother to cancer at 14 I can feel your pain.

Mon Feb 11, 2008 8:16 pm

Sorry to hear that Mr. Toast. Having a member of the family is never easy. You have my sympathies and im sure the rest of the forum feels the same. Take care in the coming days, and maybe shoot some aliens to help yourself feel better.

That being said, you should go grieve with real people and members of your family, and not members of an online gaming forum.

^^ I agree, sorry Toast.

Mon Feb 11, 2008 9:45 pm
Site Admin

Among the things keeping me busy lately, is shuttling between my grandfather, who had a stroke, and now has the shingles, and Lady X's father, who has cancer and also had a stroke, and we're kinda taking turns babysitting with each other and our relatives, as both are well enough to live outside of IC, but not so well as to be on their own for extended periods, and rather be taken care of by people they know, so long as they can.

I have to agree with C4K3 in that, it’s best when they go early, so long as it’s not sudden and unexpected. My grandfather got a raw deal, outliving his wife, and one of his sons, made to stay in a condition where he can barely speak and can’t hardly wear clothes and is in constant, excruciating pain while viral bits eat his nerves. About a decade ago, before the stroke, and the death of his wife, the doctor gave him two years to live, tops, predicting death by heart attack. If only… Poor bastard. On the plus side, I’ve gotten to know him a lot better than I would have otherwise – but I don’t think it’s worth it for the pain and humiliation he’s had to go through for that to happen.

I agree with Doc more so, of course. Good luck.

Mon Feb 11, 2008 9:57 pm
Profile YIM WWW

Everyone dies, its a matter of how, when, and where and there is nothing you can do about it. My condolences to you and your family for what its worth.

Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:00 pm
Jigglyroom Admin

If you're lucky, you die quickly, relatively painlessly, and leave a handsome corpse to mourn over. The way I'm going, I'll be lucky to have two out of three. :?

You have my condolences, Toast.

He's a man who won't fit in.

Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:46 pm

Well I already did the grieving with the family stuff. It happened pretty suddenly. Just yesterday he was getting better and everything.

VTB Dark Willow

Mon Feb 11, 2008 11:14 pm

Locane, cake may come across as harsh but that's a fact that is very true.

My great grandpa had three (count it...THREE) different kinds of cancer, and he held on for 3 years before he passed on.

The oncologist said that he must have won the lottery or something. :roll:

Mon Feb 11, 2008 11:24 pm
Reply to topic   [ 12 posts ]