Reply to topic  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
No wonder tfc is dead.. 
Jigglyroom Admin

Speaking of badlands... For whatever my non-playing 2cents is worth: I'm with Thoth.... bring back some more maps on the server... The nubs that just want to jack off and chat will leave the moment canal zone 2 comes up in rotation... ('course that might leave the server with no people).

More seriously, a couple more maps might work wonders... like badlands and crossover. Those are 2fort style maps, but with a twist.

Tue Apr 03, 2007 8:43 am
Jigglyroom Admin

just not Well

bind k "amx_kick STEAM_0:0:3700026"

Tue Apr 03, 2007 8:48 am
Profile WWW

Tue Apr 03, 2007 12:48 pm

"I also still feel we're basically maintaining a llama farm/training camp, leaving the server as t is."

I agree with Saint Thoth. You guys may or may not realize it, but there are literally only a couple of TFC servers left that are genuinely 'pub' servers and actually have a decent number of players on almost around the clock (and dont have a bunch of ridiculous rules or overactive admins). I hate to see it ruined so frequently by llamas. It seems like I have been seeing admins on a little bit more lately, and I truly thank you guys (and girls) for that, but this is still the exception way more than the rule. I have heard a lot of you guys say how you got sick of the server and left it because of all the immaturity, poor gameplay, llamas, etc; but as Thoth has pointed out, as the admins left it created a self-perpetuating cycle of ever worsening problems to the point where it sounds like most of you have just given up on it all together. But you need to realize that there are also a lot of cool players that come here despite the problems because there are so few servers left. I was on the server just a little bit ago and we had 20 people playing early in the morning and were having a good time until some llamas came in and people started leaving, now its down to 5 people. There is a decent server worth investing in here, and I think with more admin coverage you could break the cycle of llamas and clean it up quite a bit and create a very good server. I know it is a problem finding good admins to bring in, but eventually I think you gotta just use your best judgement, take a chance and go for it.

As far as the shit talking goes, I like that you guys allow for free speech here and let people say whatever they want. However, I do think that there are times when it bears putting a limit on. Some people occasionally really go way past the line in how extreme they get in terms of racism, harassment of a particular player, etc. I think it is best left up to the admins to handle on a case by case basis using their best judgement and saving chat logs if need be to handle any questions later on. Its rare, but at a certain point I do think you have to balance your desire to let people say whatever they want with the reality that some people just want to ruin things for everyone else and will drive significant numbers of people away from your server. Just my 2 cents.

Wed Apr 04, 2007 7:30 am
Jigglyroom Admin

while we are at it, we should probably stop supporting a game where you count the number of people you murder. Its just too inappropriate in this post 9/11 world.

bind k "amx_kick STEAM_0:0:3700026"

Wed Apr 04, 2007 10:39 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3