Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Check this shit out... 

Check this out, I got this on my friends/chat..

VAC Powered : This is an automated message generated by Steam Support Administration.

This account has been flagged as stolen.

Please provide your Steam ID and password in the following format:
Steam ID: password in order to verify your account information.

You will have 3 chances to supply us with your valid information.
Failure to cooperate or to present invalid information will lead to the deactivation of your account.
If you require assistance, type “helpâ€

Last edited by bullgod on Sun Feb 03, 2008 7:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Feb 03, 2008 7:19 pm

Good scam though.

Sun Feb 03, 2008 7:28 pm

lol here's this douchebags steam id page.

Last edited by bullgod on Sun Feb 03, 2008 8:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Sun Feb 03, 2008 7:39 pm

Sun Feb 03, 2008 7:45 pm

FYI.. I closed Steam and restarted it and then Zombie Panic showed on my games list. =]

Sun Feb 03, 2008 7:50 pm

Yeah you have to restart steam for it to pop up...

Sun Feb 03, 2008 9:02 pm

Man, I had a knot in my stomach while I was reading this. I kept thinking over and over "Don't give it to him! Don't give it to him!".

I'm glad you're smarter than the average scammer BG.

--Locane

Sun Feb 03, 2008 10:38 pm

Last edited by C4K3 on Wed Feb 20, 2008 6:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Feb 04, 2008 12:54 am

He either removed me from friends OR got his accout closed. :cry:

I havent heard from Steam yet about it but I'm sure I will.

I'm not really sure how he did it but about half of his text came thru as blue. I'm not aware that you can change the color of your font in friends chat. It's always been white or like gray. All his "official" looking crap was blue. His regular chat was white.

lol i just checked his accout this am to see if it was still active, and I got this.. http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197964397039 (his profile page from friends) It's different from what i took that pic of, but the profile still has his name on it, dunno if he managed to steal someone's account or not. I'm gonna check back later to see if it changed again.

Last edited by bullgod on Mon Feb 04, 2008 1:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Feb 04, 2008 6:44 am
Site Admin

If yer feeling kind, ye may put a post in the steam forums to warn the n00bs who frequent there.

Mon Feb 04, 2008 10:42 am
Profile YIM WWW

Well, still waiting for Steam to talk to me about it. I went to the Steam forums and had to register for em so once again I'm waiting on Steam to activate my account so I can post. But I guess whenever I get registered on the Steam forums I'll post this and all of his information. I kinda looked around on the "General" forums and it seems many people have hijacked accounts. Go figure..

Clicked his Steam ID page again, and yet again it's been changed, it's still up, but changed again. I wonder if thats even "his" real account or someone's that he's jacked... lol ironicaly, his name on his account now is Jack. FFS he's changed it already to VAC Powered again...

I thought this was someone I met playing TF2, but by his Steam page he's probably from TFC. Might want to check the hl stats page and see if he's been on JP's 2fart server. Might consider banning him if he is. JP's is the only TFC server I've played on in weeks and it's been only 2-3 times in as long.

** Nevermind, I just checked it, nothing there.

lol I added him back on my friends list but I dont think he's gonna accept my invite. :cry:

***Steam Reply***

Message by Cody on Mon, 4th Feb 2008 8:03 pm
Hello,

Thank you for your concern, we will investigate the issue.

Please let us know if you encounter any further difficulty - we will be happy to assist you.

lol thanks alot... :!:

Mon Feb 04, 2008 4:59 pm

Well, still waiting for Steam to talk to me about it. I went to the Steam forums and had to register for em so once again I'm waiting on Steam to activate my account so I can post. But I guess whenever I get registered on the Steam forums I'll post this and all of his information. I kinda looked around on the "General" forums and it seems many people have hijacked accounts. Go figure..

Clicked his Steam ID page again, and yet again it's been changed, it's still up, but changed again. I wonder if thats even "his" real account or someone's that he's jacked... lol ironicaly, his name on his account now is Jack. FFS he's changed it already to VAC Powered again...

I thought this was someone I met playing TF2, but by his Steam page he's probably from TFC. Might want to check the hl stats page and see if he's been on JP's 2fart server. Might consider banning him if he is. JP's is the only TFC server I've played on in weeks and it's been only 2-3 times in as long.

** Nevermind, I just checked it, nothing there.

lol I added him back on my friends list but I dont think he's gonna accept my invite. :cry:

***Steam Reply***

Message by Cody on Mon, 4th Feb 2008 8:03 pm
Hello,

Thank you for your concern, we will investigate the issue.

Please let us know if you encounter any further difficulty - we will be happy to assist you.

lol thanks alot... :!:
Tell me changed your name before you tried adding him to your friend list again?

Mon Feb 04, 2008 5:24 pm

wow, I really hope his account gets deactivated before he steals more accounts. Maybe they'll even press charges... or maybe they'll do nothing.

Mon Feb 04, 2008 6:13 pm

lol no i didnt change my name, why would i? I figured i'd piss em off or something. <shrug> I want em to bee my buddy. :D

Mon Feb 04, 2008 6:29 pm

Was I the only one cheering for the scammer? Nothing against BG, I just find it funny to watch people get suckered in - a stupidity connoisseur if you will.

Thu Feb 07, 2008 10:26 pm
Reply to topic   [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next