Reply to topic  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Many years ago... 

jiggs has had a change of heart regarding donations, he wants lots of money or the server will be shut down, he's put me in-charge of it: so send away!

Sun Jan 06, 2008 1:41 pm

- Sauron, The Lord of the mods by H.R.R.Take'hem.

Sun Jan 06, 2008 5:21 pm
Jigglyroom Admin

I think I do recall you, though my addled old man brain plays many a trick on me. Welcome back! I'd have posted sooner were I not stuck in the nightmare known as Kansas these last few days.

Mon Jan 07, 2008 4:53 am

Glad to see you alive in the space BS (hah!), we started playing more less at the same time, I started playing NS over WON with a pirate copy of HL and a 28,8 kb dial modem XD but then the big crunch over WON came against us all (the pirates, yarrrr) and I had to leave with the half of the population XD; then, steam came with its faggotry...

I remember you before combat and when turrets in base = good comm... wait, do you remember when the bacon joke was born? I do: was during an epic inverse skulk rush through a phase gate in ns_mineshaft against a final HA train... *sob* that windy night the bacon joke was born on this server because that epic rine chewing fest and you were there owning HAs with a mad skulk XD I remember you perfectly... I think my name was "Chilango" on that one... what a nub team but golden times buddy... *crying*

Damn it, GG, I'm still stuck in the nub stage... nowadays I still thinking in drop DC at first... yeah, means we are so old and fucked up (34 yo now mang)... but hey how damn cyclic and immortal is this game don't you think?

Redemption ftw.

Mon Jan 07, 2008 8:06 am

If you're referring to the birth of the term "bacon" or "bacon machine" in NS, it comes WAAAAYYYY before that.

Mon Jan 07, 2008 4:41 pm

If you're referring to the birth of the term "bacon" or "bacon machine" in NS, it comes WAAAAYYYY before that.

Can you be more specific?

No?, well, is true exactly as I'm telling you, after someone typed "bacon?" instead "beacon" in the middle of the mess all we had a blast laughing at it; someone else said something about the "soldiers fooling/disrespecting their comm", and "that's why we love this game", etc. and after that "bacon" was pulled and pushed every freaking game since and now is cheesy as hell; the old ppl must remember that moment because was kinda special; they can say if that was as I'm telling you or not... But if you don't believe me or disagree is ok even if you don't know why; I have no proof, so who cares anyway.

The only thing is that we had a lot of fun in the old classic maps and that I'm doing a search in order to get them to life again, for the homesick you know, anyone interested or some suggestions?

Last edited by C4K3 on Mon Jan 07, 2008 7:13 pm, edited 8 times in total.

Mon Jan 07, 2008 6:33 pm
Jigglyroom Admin

He's a man who won't fit in.

Mon Jan 07, 2008 6:33 pm

Wow.

What would we do without the internet as a forum for the endless masses to enjoy sub-standard humor in a poorly animated flash film about bacon?

Live in fear and loathing of our lives, I say. Fear and loathing.

--Locane

Mon Jan 07, 2008 7:46 pm
Jigglyroom Admin

Fireball wrote:

Can you be more specific?

No?, well, is true exactly as I'm telling you, after someone typed "bacon?" instead "beacon" in the middle of the mess all we had a blast laughing at it; someone else said something about the "soldiers fooling/disrespecting their comm", and "that's why we love this game", etc. and after that "bacon" was pulled and pushed every freaking game since and now is cheesy as hell; the old ppl must remember that moment because was kinda special; they can say if that was as I'm telling you or not... But if you don't believe me or disagree is ok even if you don't know why; I have no proof, so who cares anyway.

The only thing is that we had a lot of fun in the old classic maps and that I'm doing a search in order to get them to life again, for the homesick you know, anyone interested or some suggestions?

Holy crap, I think I remember that...

Mon Jan 07, 2008 10:20 pm
Site Admin

Speaking of horrible humor, I'm sure the bacon bit came well before the introduction of ns_mineshaft... As I remember using the phrase "The Onos has phased in - and we're going Kosher!" - when the Onos ate our bacon machine, back when you needed 3 hives to pull an Onos, and they could use your phase gates.

Granted, that joke makes no more sense now than it did then, so maybe I was just getting ahead of myself again. >_>

Tue Jan 08, 2008 6:33 am
Profile YIM WWW
Jigglyroom Admin

Fun times. I still had functioning wrists and reflexes in those days, and woe be unto the skulk who crossed my path! :D

I know we have mineshaft on the server, though not in the rotation. I really miss some of the older iterations of maps, myself. Things have changed so much over years, and while things have become more and more balanced, they've also become less and less interesting. There's only really been a marginal increase in first chamber flexibility, too, in my ever so humble opinion. They certainly did break the whole DC first lock-in, however!

Tue Jan 08, 2008 2:02 pm

They should bring that feature back, nothing like having some skulks use the PG and get into the marine base and cause problems at home.

Tue Jan 08, 2008 3:34 pm
Jigglyroom Admin

What? Another spanish speaker? WHA! So it's not just Wage and I anymore huh.

I remember when I used to be exotic. Now in Mexico, I'm just one of ''them'' Har!

Que pedo pues, estamos invadiendo o que onda?

BTW Jigs is getting greedy! And what's up with the modern-looking homepage? Where's the low budget crap I fell in love with?! Where's the TFC logo?! YOU SELL OUT!

Just kidding... I still love you! You lovable pink fluffy ball of loving goodness you!

Morning Wood Lumber Co. "Hard wood is Happy wood!"

Tue Jan 08, 2008 3:46 pm

What? Another spanish speaker? WHA! So it's not just Wage and I anymore huh.

I remember when I used to be exotic. Now in Mexico, I'm just one of ''them'' Har!

Que pedo pues, estamos invadiendo o que onda?

BTW Jigs is getting greedy! And what's up with the modern-looking homepage? Where's the low budget crap I fell in love with?! Where's the TFC logo?! YOU SELL OUT!

Just kidding... I still love you! You lovable pink fluffy ball of loving goodness you!

WTF you are an alien for reals XD how is that possible? I don't know many gringos speaking Spanglish... I have no words... for saying... waaaaaaaa

que bien encontrarlos por aqui, he he, ahora somos maassssssssss, lo que quieran, ya saben que cuentan conmigo. <3

Tue Jan 08, 2008 4:45 pm

Tue Jan 08, 2008 10:13 pm
Reply to topic   [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next