Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
cigarette? 

it seems as though the majority of people these days hate cigarettes with a passion. i used to be this way, but now i smoke a couple a day.

any opinions on cigarettes, as to which ones u enjoy?
i usually just stick wiht camel lights. the worst are marlboros. the taste is just bad. the first few puffs off a camel taste pretty damn good, but marlboros just have a shitty flavor and after taste. i dont know why they are so popular. im pretty sure that marlboros are most popular among the youngest smokers. probably cause of ignorance and because their friends smoke em.

by the way, i dont need any negativeness or retarded monkey responses of how bad cigarettes are; go start ur own thread for that.

Tue Oct 30, 2007 10:58 pm

They smell badly and jackass' always smoke them upwind of me.

Tue Oct 30, 2007 11:06 pm

smells bad, would rather not agitate my sensitive throat.

have hung with smoking friends, not always fun if they smell really bad due to poor ventilation. others, not so bad.

i hear chewing tobacco is good stuff. you just get gum cancer instead of lung cancer supposedly if you do too much.

Tue Oct 30, 2007 11:19 pm
Site Admin

On two separate anniversaries I smoke Djarum Cloves: Once in memory of a dead lover, and once in memory of a dead ideal. They leave that lovely burnt candy taste on your lips that I used to so love to kiss.

Tue Oct 30, 2007 11:39 pm
Profile YIM WWW

I have never smoked one, but I probably second hand around 2 packs a day.

Clove ciggarettes from my understanding smell extremely good, but I remember someone telling me they are terrible for you, even worse than regular cigs?

Wed Oct 31, 2007 8:19 am
Jigglyroom Admin

Funny how people seem more against cigarettes then pot, and cigarettes are LEGAL.

Yes, I've been told repeatedly that they're worse than regular cigarettes. They're oily, and the oil apparently sticks to your lungs. Tis why (oh God that sounds like Thoth) I try not to suck 'em into my lungs.

Wed Oct 31, 2007 8:52 am
Jigglyroom Admin

I smoke a couple a day. Marlboro reds. After a meal, I just sit back and light one up, it relaxes me. I usually fall asleep after. And like Def, I try not to SUCK... anything.

Morning Wood Lumber Co. "Hard wood is Happy wood!"

Wed Oct 31, 2007 9:32 am

Funny how people seem more against cigarettes then pot, and cigarettes are LEGAL.

Once something is legal, it's very hard to make it illegal, and vice versa, but societal opinions change fairly readily. So, really, it's more sad than anything else. :D

Wed Oct 31, 2007 9:52 am
Jigglyroom Admin

Wed Oct 31, 2007 10:11 am

It was pseudo-criminalized in the 1930's, but the criminal penalties weren't mandatory until Boggs in the 1950's. It really started even before the Marijuana Tax Act, moving towards criminaliztation as Prohibition declined. It was a very elegant shift that kept intact much of the Prohibition bureaucracy, but applied it to a much less popular past time.

A bureaucracy in motion tends to stay in motion, and a bureaucracy at rest tends to stay at rest. :D

Wed Oct 31, 2007 10:20 am

i smoke parliaments. i tried camel no9's but i hated the taste.. another thing.. how much are cigarettes where yall live? in NY theyre $6 a pack and i believe they are upping the price where i live to city price which is roughly $7.50-$8 within the next two years =/

what i do know is if they up the price, i'm gonna either buy the patch, gum, or smoke MUCH less than i do now.

Wed Oct 31, 2007 6:11 pm

What's so special about legality? Does it being legal change an objective analysis of each item? Or does something being illegal make it identical to all other items in the illegal category. In said case is going into your neighbors basement and killing his wife equal to smoking a joint in said basement?

Wed Oct 31, 2007 8:32 pm
Jigglyroom Admin

it depends... is the wife dead when you are toking or is this before you kill her?

bind k "amx_kick STEAM_0:0:3700026"

Wed Oct 31, 2007 9:43 pm
Profile WWW

I appologize in advance if the following post voids the purpose of this thread.

missbella wrote:
what i do know is if they up the price, i'm gonna either buy the patch, gum, or smoke MUCH less than i do now.

Probably for the better anyway. I would like to believe that the price is being raised to discourage people from smoking for health reasons, but more likely the price is being raised either due to supply and demand or so the government can profit more from it.

To be honest I am truly amazed with all the information that is out there about the negative effects of the use of cigarettes that people still smoke them. It literally says ON THE BOX one or all of the following:
Quote:
Caution: Cigarette Smoking May be Hazardous to Your Health (1966)
Warning: The Surgeon General Has Determined that Cigarette Smoking is Dangerous to Your Health (1970)
SURGEON GENERAL'S WARNING: Smoking Causes Lung Cancer, Heart Disease, Emphysema, And May Complicate Pregnancy.
SURGEON GENERAL'S WARNING: Quitting Smoking Now Greatly Reduces Serious Risks to Your Health.
SURGEON GENERAL'S WARNING: Smoking By Pregnant Women May Result in Fetal Injury, Premature Birth, And Low Birth Weight.
SURGEON GENERAL'S WARNING: Cigarette Smoke Contains Carbon Monoxide.

I reccommend smoking shisha tobacco through a water pipe, it smells and tastes infinately better, and doesn't contain half of the toxins that cigarettes contain nor is it addictive (nicatine free ftw). Smoking through a water pipe also cools the smoke and reduces the amount of tar. Water pipes aren't quite as portable as cigarettes I know, but if you are smoking to relax with friends, I have found a hookah to be a very pleasant experience.

Try it yo.

Wed Oct 31, 2007 10:13 pm
Jigglyroom Admin

In said case is going into your neighbors basement and killing his wife equal to smoking a joint in said basement?

Let's see... One is worth a slap on the wrist, and the other is worth life in prison. Um, no?

Thu Nov 01, 2007 7:52 am
Reply to topic   [ 46 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next