Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
cigarette? 
Jigglyroom Admin

I reccommend smoking shisha tobacco through a water pipe, it smells and tastes infinately better, and doesn't contain half of the toxins that cigarettes contain nor is it addictive (nicatine free ftw).

Gah damn. No wonder I couldn't get that nice nicotine feeling.

Double post ftw!

Thu Nov 01, 2007 7:55 am

TheDoc wrote:
I reccommend smoking shisha tobacco through a water pipe, it smells and tastes infinately better, and doesn't contain half of the toxins that cigarettes contain nor is it addictive (nicatine free ftw).

Gah damn. No wonder I couldn't get that nice nicotine feeling.

Double post ftw!

I find it a little strange that you wag your finger at people who smoke something that is illegal for recreation, but you readily smoke something that is proven to give you lung cancer, and you know... kills you.

Thu Nov 01, 2007 9:23 am
Jigglyroom Admin

I find it a little strange that you wag your finger at people who smoke something that is illegal for recreation, but you readily smoke something that is proven to give you lung cancer, and you know... kills you.

Really? I wagged my finger? I thought I said I don't do things that are illegal. And I think I might have also said that I wouldn't want to do any psychedelic mind altering drugs anyway, simply because I don't like having my mind altered like that -- I like to see the world as it is. Then I think I made some comment about alcohol being bad enough in the mind altering way anyway. Later I think I made a comment saying that I'd have probably tried pot if it were legal (but it's not, and I haven't), and then still later commented that it used to be legal. That doesn't sound to me like I was wagging my finger. 5 stars for you if you can find me wagging my finger at someone on these threads (other than at people for being moronic).

Pretty much anything you smoke will give you lung cancer and kill you -- cigarettes, pot, LA air. Lungs aren't meant to breathe particles of stuff.

Thu Nov 01, 2007 10:39 am

Iunno, I took this as kind of a finger wag :-p
Quote:
Funny how people seem more against cigarettes then pot, and cigarettes are LEGAL.

But perhaps you didn't mean it as such, which would be my mistake.

I'm just not in to using anything that would create a physical dependence. I have a hard enough time dragging myself to the gym, i don't need anything else that requires a large expenditure of willpower.

I have nothing against tobacco, when used in moderation i suppose, the thing is people i know who smoke cigs (with the exception of mr. thoth i suppose) smoke in excess. Smoking nicotine free tobacco is fine imo because you are less likely to smoke as much. Plus blueberry shisha is da shit.

Thu Nov 01, 2007 11:00 am

the great thing about pot at least is that it actually HELPS you understand (well, it does for me) the world as it really is. It has given me a lot of insight into the way my mind operates (normally and when im high), and gaining further insight is almost my primary reason in smoking.

Thu Nov 01, 2007 11:01 am
Jigglyroom Admin

Iunno, I took this as kind of a finger wag :-p
Quote:
Funny how people seem more against cigarettes then pot, and cigarettes are LEGAL.

But perhaps you didn't mean it as such, which would be my mistake.

I meant it just like it says: It seems odd to me that many people would have more of a problem with cigarettes then with pot (since cigs are legal and pot isn't). (It's my own little rant since I like to smoke cigarettes now and then.) I see celebrities explaining how bad second hand smoke is and how bad cigarettes are, then I see them joking about smoking pot. It's not like smoking pot is somehow healthier for you, and pot can actually get you in trouble with the law. It seems like it's a double standard and it perplexes me.

Quote:
I have nothing against tobacco, when used in moderation i suppose, the thing is people i know who smoke cigs (with the exception of mr. thoth i suppose) smoke in excess.

Add me to that list. I go through a pack every 2-6 months or so.... and I haven't had a clove in about 2 months. (I love filling in the ratio 1/40 under the "packs a day" section of health forms -- and it's really less than that.)

Thu Nov 01, 2007 11:30 am

To be honest I am truly amazed with all the information that is out there about the negative effects of the use of cigarettes that people still smoke them. It literally says ON THE BOX one or all of the following:
Quote:
Caution: Cigarette Smoking May be Hazardous to Your Health (1966)
Warning: The Surgeon General Has Determined that Cigarette Smoking is Dangerous to Your Health (1970)
SURGEON GENERAL'S WARNING: Smoking Causes Lung Cancer, Heart Disease, Emphysema, And May Complicate Pregnancy.
SURGEON GENERAL'S WARNING: Quitting Smoking Now Greatly Reduces Serious Risks to Your Health.
SURGEON GENERAL'S WARNING: Smoking By Pregnant Women May Result in Fetal Injury, Premature Birth, And Low Birth Weight.
SURGEON GENERAL'S WARNING: Cigarette Smoke Contains Carbon Monoxide.

People still smoke them because they are obviously, addicting. once you start regularly smoking (and by regularly i mean at least 1/2 a pack a day, if not that then you're a social smoker, i have a feeling i'm gonna get bashed for using social smoker, and this parenthesis thing is too long).. back on topic, it doesn't matter, it can say it has dead baby particals inside the cigarette, or even better, baby puppy particles.. as long as there is nicotine inside of it it is physically and mentally addicting, no matter what they put on the label. Us smokers are well aware of the harm in cigarettes. It basically should just say "Smoking kills you, you will die if you smoke what is inside this box", but we don't care. nicotine calms a lot of us, and for smokers theres nothing better than lighting one up after dinner, sex, a hard day at work, ect.

Thu Nov 01, 2007 2:19 pm
Jigglyroom Admin

I smoke HAY! It's cheaper, it's abundant, and it gives me the same sick feeling as cigarattes!

Morning Wood Lumber Co. "Hard wood is Happy wood!"

Thu Nov 01, 2007 2:53 pm

You shouldnt smoke cigs, its bad for you.

Thu Nov 01, 2007 5:03 pm

Hooray_Yogurt wrote:
In said case is going into your neighbors basement and killing his wife equal to smoking a joint in said basement?

Let's see... One is worth a slap on the wrist, and the other is worth life in prison. Um, no?

But why is the former worth a wrist slap?

Thu Nov 01, 2007 5:56 pm

In all seriousness I don't think anyone can give a rational answer as to why marajuana is illegal and alcohol and cigarettes aren't. They are equally impairing and just as hazardous to your health, in some cases more so, I've never heard of anyone developing lung cancer from marajuana or anyone dying from marajuana poisoning from smoking too much. But to be completely fair I am not exactly sure what effect biologically THC has on the body, and what long term side effects it may cause. Though I'm quite sure it can't be worse than death or liver failure.

Thu Nov 01, 2007 6:41 pm
Site Admin

Clove ciggarettes from my understanding smell extremely good, but I remember someone telling me they are terrible for you, even worse than regular cigs?

Yes, they are much worse for you than regular cigarettes, but I don’t much worry about it, at two packs a year. They are, I’ve been told, much harder to get addicted to, due to the fact it’s hard to smoke a lot of them. (Tis true, it’d be more accurate to say I smoke maybe four cigs a year, rather than the whole two packs I buy).

I forgot that I do occasionally smoke apple tobacco from Hooka’s that surround the Humus place near one of the goth clubs I frequent, I suppose that should count. That stuff is so smooth it doesn’t really feel like smoking though.

Quote:
I don't think anyone can give a rational answer as to why marajuana is illegal and alcohol and cigarettes aren't.

I can:

Cigarettes were even more common than alcohol during prohibition, I mean, literally, pretty much everyone had a cigarette in their mouth up until 1950 or so. During prohibition it seemed that twice as many people were drinking than before or after, so I think the futility of any effort to make cigarettes illegal was self-evident. Unlike pot, which was only smoked by a handful of people, and not popular among the aristocracy.

As for why Alcohol isn’t illegal – see history regarding previously mentioned prohibition.

But I don’t think Cigarettes have such a bad name for health reasons…

I’m sure there are those perpetuating the anti-Cigarette campaign who believe it is (and indeed, I think most of them do), but the real motivation for government funded anti-smoking campaigns is to make sure that certain third world countries don’t have a cash crop so valuable that they can get out from underneath the our economic thumb. This is also why we use corn for our methane fuel conversion, when sugar is much more effective – we don’t have large sugar crops in the US, and we feel foreign sugar is too valuable as it is (which is why we tariff it so high – we pay more for imported sugar than anyone). Coffee, Chocolate, and Bananas are the most valuable cash crops we allow them to have, and we let them have those, because, unlike tobacco, we own most of the industry that produces them there.

...and that would be the other reason why Marijuana is illegal, it's an underground cash crop - if it was above ground, it'd quickly become the biggest cash crop latin-america has ever seen. Even underground, it's apparently large enough to fund entire militaries.

Thu Nov 01, 2007 7:31 pm
Profile YIM WWW

so what you're saying is Bush makes cigarettes expensive, alcohol bad for you, and marajuana illegal. That motherfucker.

Thu Nov 01, 2007 8:24 pm
Site Admin

...I think that started a wee bit before Bush. (Much of it, maybe even a bit before he was born) But he's certainly more than willing to perpetuate the laws involved, and continue to increase the veracity of the spirit that spawned them - as is everyone else who might be in office in the next 20 years. ;)

Thu Nov 01, 2007 8:31 pm
Profile YIM WWW

...I think that started a wee bit before Bush. (Much of it, maybe even a bit before he was born) But he's certainly more than willing to perpetuate the laws involved, and continue to increase the veracity of the spirit that spawned them - as is everyone else who might be in office in the next 20 years. ;)

Lies, everyone knows Bush is responsible for everything. Global warming, the disappearence of the rain forests, the endangerment of the hump back whale, racism, poverty, disease, 911, etc. If there is something wrong in the world, you can bet Bush is behind it.

Thu Nov 01, 2007 8:53 pm
Reply to topic   [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next