Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
The Best Games Nobody Played 
Jigglyroom Admin

My understanding is that you NEED to join a gang to survive in 0.0 space. Don't get me wrong, I really like the look of the game, but ugh... I've had my fill of clans. That and MMOs are the DEVIL!!!

He's a man who won't fit in.

Fri Apr 13, 2007 6:35 pm

Well... yeah i suppose. Yes, you do need to join a group of people to survive in the game or else it would get very boring very fast. Plus, thats half the fun of the game is the politics. Being involved in an alliance that is taking over the galaxy is pretty awesome.

Gangs are just like... parties i guess. Its a group of people that decide to go flying at any given time ranging from 2 people to 200 people. Its not permanent.

A corporation is like a "clan" as you would have it.

Then an alliance is a group of corporations or "clans".

0.0 space refers to the areas of the galaxy which are not owned and patrolled by NPCs. Of course this is the area of space where you find the best minerals to mine, the best NPC loot, and that you can actually claim sovereignty of regions.

You could still fly around in empire space and have fun though, and even occasionally venture into 0.0 space, but you couldn't live out there without an alliance. Its more fun playing with a group of people though so you can experience fleet battles. Thats really the beauty of the game, huge fleets of some 100+ battle ships all flying in unison and taking out an enemy alliance's spacestation and taking over their solar systems. Not only that, but the politics which go on in between alliances which decides who's solar systems get destroyed.

As I said, right now we are in the middle of the largest full scale war EVE has ever seen. Its literally the north vs the south, and right now the south is kicking some serious ass.

Sat Apr 14, 2007 1:51 am

I swear to God, if you're part of BoB, I'm going to hunt you down and kill you :evil:

Eve does rock though. Been playing since beta, and it's only gotten better.

Tue Apr 17, 2007 8:45 am

I'm part of RISE, we are allied with BoB and cleaning up. Kicking wave after wave of coalition ass. You should come pay my Vagabond a visit sometime oldro :wink:

Tue Apr 17, 2007 3:08 pm

Ya, I have 2 characters, neither of which are in alliances allied with BoB. BoB's kinda the evil empire of Eve. Make more Death St...er...Titans.

....with exhaust ports.

And I seem to remember several waves of BoB players dying in coalition territory. As soon as the inter-alliance bickering stops and someone takes charge of the coalition, BoB's days are numbered...hopefully.

Tue Apr 17, 2007 9:47 pm

Lol not a chance. The coalition is getting slaughtered. They lost 47 capital ships the other night taking out 1 empty bob pos which they suspected housed a titan (though It didn't). An adjacent PoS in the system was birthing a mothership, but since all of the focus was put on the wrong POS, it finished construction.

Freelancer is on the verge of surrendering to Merc. Coalition.
BoB is anally raping the goons on a daily basis.
Intrepid Crossing just got evicted from feythabolis as they lost 22 PoSl ast weekend to BoB's titan and with it their sovereignty.

Last edited by TheDoc on Wed Apr 18, 2007 7:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Apr 17, 2007 10:19 pm

Tue Apr 17, 2007 11:46 pm

The problem with the coalition (aside from being incompitent and disorganized) is that they are taking this war personally. They all have a personal vendetta against bob and their are letting their feelings against BoB get in the way of making good decisions. On top of that, Red Alliance, probably the best alliance the coalition has going for it, is a shady organization that double crosses its allies. This causes a problem because it makes it impossible for the coalition to work together because they can't trust each other.

BoB is just playing to play, and they are coming out on top. Damn those Koreans and their "starcraft."

Also BoB has 3 titans. Wooooo.

Last edited by TheDoc on Wed Apr 18, 2007 7:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Apr 18, 2007 7:55 am

Wed Apr 18, 2007 7:57 am

I run an industrial corp in empire (Heimatar). I fly Caldari up to Battleships, and my alt flies Minmatar BC's (AS is trained, and HAC is coming up in about a month). My alt is relatively new.

Fri Apr 20, 2007 4:03 pm

Sweet im going to wardeck you and then come blow you up for 2 weeks.

Fri Apr 20, 2007 5:01 pm

What, you're a privateer now? Fuck you :P

Just for that I'm not telling you my toons' names.

How does BoB treat industrial corps anyway....for curiosity sake of course....

Sat Apr 21, 2007 3:29 pm

Uhh well I don't know how BoB treats them, since I am not a member of BoB. But we have a deal going with them out in Feythabolis. Basically we pay them 6 billion a month for one of the most affluent constellations in the game.

We have a 10/10 gist faction complex, Angel Cartel and Domination npc spawns, 3 outposts, and all the pvp targets we could ever want. I'm not a miner but from what i hear the mining out here is excellent. I always see Arkanor chunks flying around everywhere. Our alliance is pretty self sufficient for tech 1 goods. We have a few tech 2 bpos and on top of that we are making 28 Billion ISK a month from running out 10/10 complex. Its a sweet deal. We're recruiting now actually if you're looking for an alliance to join. We could use a few more industry corps.

We lost about 6 capital pilots lately so we are looking for people to replace them.

Sat Apr 21, 2007 6:02 pm

What in the HELL are you guys talking about?

Sat Apr 21, 2007 6:39 pm

What in the HELL are you guys talking about?

Bob comes from the net

Sat Apr 21, 2007 6:51 pm
Reply to topic   [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next