Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
The Best Games Nobody Played 

Simply put, post mini-reviews of games you liked that almost nobody played.

Fahrenheit, a.k.a Indigo Prophecy (PS2,Xbox,PC)

http://www.gamerankings.com/htmlpages2/ ... 20prophecy

"Play both hunter and hunted in this psycho thriller. Set in New York, Indigo Prophecy gives you the chance to speak, explore, interact, fight, and confront unknown dark forces. In the story, you can play as Lucas Kane, one of the many ordinary people that suddenly begin killing total strangers. Constantly burdened by strange visions, you must keep one step ahead of the police as you try to find out what's happening to you."

Great adventure type game.

X3: The reunion
http://www.gamerankings.com/htmlpages2/927012.asp?q=x3

"X3: Reunion is the third installment of the action and trading simulation, X. X3: Reunion adds an expanded universe, more than 200 new models, an upgraded graphics engine, and an improved trading system that lets you leverage more advanced economic concepts such as the elasticity of demand. You can follow the provided storyline or simply roam the universe as an independent profiteer."

Best open-ended space sim in a very, very long time. You can either choose to follow the plot (which is lackluster at best) or you can simply try your hand at playing in a huge sandbox universe. Add 10% to the review score just because of the massive and active mod community. Anything you could ever want improved has a 3rd party script to do so.

This game is also available on steam. Be warned, graphical intensive game (6600GT level machine is the absolute minimum I'd try to play this on)

More when I feel like it.

Mon Mar 05, 2007 8:03 pm
Profile ICQ

i remember someone posting up some spaceship game on the old board. it was like a mix of starwars with homeworld, where you would fly around and dogfight and you would get resources to upgrade your ship.

anyone know what im talking about? i kinda have this urge to play that.

Tue Mar 06, 2007 9:44 am

I think you are talking a bout Eve Online. I am currently playing that and its quite fun. Check it out. http://www.eve-online.com

Here are some screens of my ships. (I would post a picture of my Jaguar but it got smoked last night so i need to buy a new one :()

Battle Cruiser Class
Hull: Hurricane

Cruiser Class
Hull: Stabber
(Wingman Interceptor Class - Hull: Crow)

Newbship
Hull: Reaper (they give you one of these free if your real ship gets blown up, aka my Jaguar)

Happy Valentines Day Screen

There are 4 different races each one with its own collection of different ships. Any race can fly any other race's ships, you just start out with skills for flying your race's ships. I fly Minmatar ships (fast ships with alot of guns on them). The game is pretty open ended and you can do almost anything you want to do. You can be a combat pilot, a trader, a smuggler, a diplomat
Groups of players form Corporations and groups of Corporations form Alliances.Alliances can actually own areas of space (unclaimed territory called 0.0 space).
Politics is a big thing in this game, so if you like fake internet politics dealing with wars and alliances, this game is totally for you. For example right now my Alliance is currently at war with 10 other Alliances (we have about 7 alliances on our side). Both sides are attempting to take the other sides' territories. Its being called the Great South War, as its one of the largest wars to ever take place in Eve history. Woot for nerd politics.

There are at least 150+ different ships ranging from Frigate Class(smallest) to Titan Class (thats not a moon its a spacestation!).

Tue Mar 06, 2007 10:12 am
Jigglyroom Admin

Heh, I second X3! Prior to going on basic, I played it quite a bit. I had a fleet of something like 10 or 15 Split Caiman superfreighters doing IS trading, I was flying a Split Mamba Raider, and saving up for my first M6. Mamba Raider is probably the best M3 you can get, and the best fighter, period. About the only thing in your ship class range that could really give you hassles were multiple pirate Falcons w/ PSGs, just because the cocksuckers literally couldn't miss you. You could also make big money on Xenon invasion missions if you managed to take out a K, and any abandoned ships were just gravy.

Edit: It's worth noting that I wouldn't even bother playing this game w/o a good throttle-joystick combo.

He's a man who won't fit in.

Tue Mar 06, 2007 2:26 pm

Heh, I second X3! Prior to going on basic, I played it quite a bit. I had a fleet of something like 10 or 15 Split Caiman superfreighters doing IS trading, I was flying a Split Mamba Raider, and saving up for my first M6. Mamba Raider is probably the best M3 you can get, and the best fighter, period. About the only thing in your ship class range that could really give you hassles were multiple pirate Falcons w/ PSGs, just because the cocksuckers literally couldn't miss you. You could also make big money on Xenon invasion missions if you managed to take out a K, and any abandoned ships were just gravy.

Edit: It's worth noting that I wouldn't even bother playing this game w/o a good throttle-joystick combo.

Yeah. If you ever get out of basic and back into the game, go look up the Xtended Mod. Adds all kinds of combat improvements, and actually makes the game run better. They optimized the weapons effects, and also went in the direction of slower, more powerful guns. So more pretty less spam and it all runs faster.

I didn't have a fleet of ships, I had an armada. Paired with a few nice little scripts I was off invading the universe one sector at a time. It was brutal. Had several 50+ station complexes designed just to provide weapons for the fleet :D

Tue Mar 06, 2007 6:39 pm
Profile ICQ
Jigglyroom Admin

Heh, I never quite got around to my last "big" project before I left. There's this unknown sector way off in the ass end of nowhere, and the only thing in it is a chain of asteroids that go up and seemingly terminate nowhere meaningful... Until you scan the last cluster of 4 roids, which each have a silicon content of 50, if I recall correctly. Near as I can tell, they have the single richest content of silicon of any asteroids anywhere in the universe and this map (if accurate) seems to back that up. If I ever get my HOTAS setup out here (and I get some serious free time) then I'll probably get back into it.

Edit: Seeing as I neglected to point out the location... It's the second Unknown Sector out from Unholy Descent. It's supposedly a Pirate sector, but I've never seen any.

He's a man who won't fit in.

Tue Mar 06, 2007 6:59 pm

Nah Doc, it was a free game. I think Either Kurt or Wage brought it up, i forget but it was one of those damn mexicans.

Ya but ive always wanted to play eve.

Tue Mar 06, 2007 10:07 pm
Attention Whore! Look at meeeeeeeeee!
Attention Whore! Look at meeeeeeeeee!

Phantom Crash for Xbox, you got a mech that could cloak and could customize it anyway you pleased.

That shit was awesome.

http://xbox.ign.com/objects/017/017350.html

Wed Mar 07, 2007 12:11 am
Profile WWW

Edit: Seeing as I neglected to point out the location... It's the second Unknown Sector out from Unholy Descent. It's supposedly a Pirate sector, but I've never seen any.

Yeah, the UK's are the best places to set up large complexes, as they don't get much (if any) traffic to slow down your FPS when you get a sizable amount of stuff there.

I had one set up in ocacroke's storm, which is only ever used in the plot (which I never really played)

The pirates will spawn, but in stock it's very not much at all. It's one of the reasons I switched to xtended (more active enemy AI, with wider range of ships being used)

Trailer for the latest version of xtended (release date pending, but they're on a RC build as we speak)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJuqJnGT ... =1&t=t&f=b

Wed Mar 07, 2007 12:36 am
Profile ICQ

Its too bad that X3 installs that starforce software protection stuff. I tried the game out, but I guess i never really got into it. Guess Wing Commander and privateer I & II stole my heart. *tear*

Wed Apr 11, 2007 8:35 pm

Eh, You can get it on the Steam now, which is starforce free.

Thu Apr 12, 2007 8:25 am
Profile ICQ

Nah Doc, it was a free game. I think Either Kurt or Wage brought it up, i forget but it was one of those damn mexicans.

Ya but ive always wanted to play eve.

Freelancer me thinks?

http://www.microsoft.com/games/freelancer/

Fri Apr 13, 2007 5:52 am

MS open sourced it a while back after the game tanked, and a community group created a free meta-server. Still rather active afaik.

http://www.freeallegiance.org/

Fri Apr 13, 2007 11:30 am
Profile ICQ

thanks spyder

Fri Apr 13, 2007 11:43 am

that is all.

Fri Apr 13, 2007 4:36 pm
Reply to topic   [ 53 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next