Reply to topic  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
tfc server 

Server is down, found a new ip and the server is nice. real fast and no lag so sexy. GJ i love it KEEP IT :P

Wed Aug 15, 2007 8:28 pm

fixxor wrote:
Server is down, found a new ip and the server is nice. real fast and no lag so sexy. GJ i love it KEEP IT :P
What new server ip?

Thu Aug 16, 2007 3:00 pm

Thu Aug 16, 2007 6:36 pm
Dear Leader

The TFC server is now hosted on the main panduck box. Unfortunately, the box that the old server was hosted on stopped responding. For those in the know, you know what that means - it's not coming back.

Sigh. High load times ahead... until the server gets upgraded... blah.

Thu Aug 16, 2007 7:43 pm
Profile WWW

it finally happened jiggly?!

Thu Aug 16, 2007 9:01 pm
Dear Leader

='(

it finally happened jiggly?!

Well, yes and no. Yes, the server/IP the old TFC server was on (it's been like what, 5 years?) is gone... but no, because I've launched a 32 player TFC server like the old one on this server. What does that mean?

-It means TFC customers will have to update their server lists to find the new IP but they'll be treated to an improved, more responsive server with 2 additional players added to the playermax. So in a nutshell, TFC players win-win.

-As for the NS server, they -might- get nasty lag spikes from the TFC server chewing up the CPUs. Might. Since we last tried this (both the NS and TFC servers on the same box), there have been a few tweaks made to the NS server which should reduce its overall CPU utilization. On top of that, there have been a few backend changes like the forum moving to a MySQL backend instead of the crappy flat DB file which spiked the system anytime anyone did anything on the forum. In a nutshell, we'll wait and see if the TFC server proves to be too much of a burden.

Long term solution: Buy a new server already. Certain people behind the scenes have already committed to contributing real $ to the new server so we're closer than ever to actually doing it. The only thing left is for me to gather my nickels and dimes... I honestly could have done it by now, but within the span of a month, I decided to goto Paris, London, and Tokyo instead. That, and I've been trying to squirrel away some funds for a loooong overdue new car. Regardless, it's about time but I'm going to hold out for as long as possible - that way, as TF2 approaches, we'll have the best hardware available at the time to help run it. That's pretty much the plan at this point - have the server ready before TF2 comes out. There aren't going to be any excuses past that point - I'm planning on running TF2 no matter what.

There you go. That's been the battle plan.

-JP

Thu Aug 16, 2007 10:18 pm
Profile WWW
Attention Whore! Look at meeeeeeeeee!
Attention Whore! Look at meeeeeeeeee!

whatever you do, don't raise the ns slot size over 16-18.

Thu Aug 16, 2007 11:50 pm

-It means TFC customers will have to update their server lists to find the new IP but they'll be treated to an improved, more responsive server with 2 additional players added to the playermax. So in a nutshell, TFC players win-win.

-As for the NS server, they -might- get nasty lag spikes from the TFC server chewing up the CPUs.

-JP
Why not reduce the player slots on the tfc server to help out overall performance and lag spikes ala NS.

Side note: I think you need an insurgencey server Jiggly :P

Fri Aug 17, 2007 4:58 am

Fri Aug 17, 2007 5:24 am

ya batcula...quit with the typical, politically correct, canadian attitude that everthing should be evened out in order to help those who may suffer some slight inconvenience

Fri Aug 17, 2007 5:30 am
Jigglyroom Admin

quit with the typical, politically correct, canadian attitude that everthing should be evened out in order to help those who may suffer some slight inconvenience

Why don't you shove a rusty pipe up your ass and whistle Dixie through it, cocksucker. That Canadian enough for you?

He's a man who won't fit in.

Fri Aug 17, 2007 9:02 am

Iron, you must have some Alberta blood in you..cause that is how I would have put it.

Fri Aug 17, 2007 11:07 am

ya batcula...quit with the typical, politically correct, canadian attitude that everthing should be evened out in order to help those who may suffer some slight inconvenience
Your age equals your IQ. Someone should carpet bomb your house.

Fri Aug 17, 2007 3:49 pm

that is very UNcanadian, batcula. sheila copps and svend robinson will be calling you to re-insert canadian values into your cerberal cortex.....via your anus.

Fri Aug 17, 2007 4:12 pm

I wonder what thats aboot

Fri Aug 17, 2007 5:21 pm
Reply to topic   [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next