Should we form a team?
Poll ended at Mon Jul 30, 2007 7:57 am
Yes 50%  50%  [ 4 ]
No 50%  50%  [ 4 ]
Total votes : 8

The Dojo 
Attention Whore! Look at meeeeeeeeee!

evolve desperately needs a comm worth his salt if anyone is interested. I mean good though, we have several half-assed to decent comms.

basically someone with experience who is completely comfortable comming and can aim medpacks, you can pick up the strat differences fast enough that you'll be better than our comms in that department in no time too.

thresh is out automatically because he never meds me. :p

Tue Jul 24, 2007 11:40 am

Fireball wrote:
ke422azn wrote:
WormboOA wrote:

Read further TFC nublet.

1v1 mulch?

Use brain much?

brain? what dat?

Tue Jul 24, 2007 11:42 am

I could be a competitive comm, you run the tech tree slightly different in competitive games thou, and my hotkeys for structuring could use work

being in ANSL makes you flagged thou

Tue Jul 24, 2007 1:08 pm

just veteran division. you have to register with ansl for the dojo. evolve is actually in the dojo right now, unless ansl open division opens up before the next dojo tourney. But i think radix (running dojo) wants to eventually morph dojo teams into the open division while traning new teams through dojo.

Tue Jul 24, 2007 2:39 pm

if you wanted to pick it up you'd be more than welcome tak. we could use your lerk too, asmo dies way too much.

Tue Jul 24, 2007 2:40 pm

Tue Jul 24, 2007 7:49 pm

Actually, evolve has a fairly solid team from the looks of things. At the very least better than those poor teams with only 3 players.

It's gonna be interesting since we also have some clans starting to use it for feeding and training their lower skilled players, which means I'm out of my league except as dedi gorge. Wheee!

But, I must admit, it's bloody refreshing to have a team that is actually competent. Heck, they asked for mines when the old ones got blown up for the PG.

Wed Jul 25, 2007 8:39 pm

obs would own you all, and they don't even play

Thu Jul 26, 2007 1:23 am

Thu Jul 26, 2007 6:25 am

Hmm, I wonder Beowulf, how does my comming stack up? I can aim medpacks directly on people about 95% of the time. The only trouble I have dropping stuff on people is on the water sometimes. I know almost every seige spot (not all though). How much of a time commitment would you need?

Fri Aug 03, 2007 10:25 am

you need to be near instantaneous with your meds and ammo, some times it's not about dropping them on the marines, it's about dropping them where they are going to be, you have to be aggressive with pings (and energy managing), and aware of the tech tree and your teams. Anime do you use all your 5 squad slots (ie armoury, armslab, obs, w/e, SQUAD FIIIIVE)? Can you drop any structure, assist, gun, etc using your binds? The tech tree is run different in scrims, so you have to learn that... As far as actual time commitment, if your bout it bout it 2 hours a day, with guaranteed availability for matches / scrims during on season.

Fri Aug 03, 2007 11:08 am

you're welcome to come scrim with us whenever and see how you stack up. tekproxy is our only comm, and while he's getting pretty good he gets pulled away from scrimming sometimes and then we're pretty much stuck unless we have a ringer who can comm.

idle in #evolvens on gamesurge or add me to steamfriends next time im in jiggly and we'll see what happens.

Fri Aug 03, 2007 2:22 pm

I use #5 for obs, #4 for armslab, #3 for armory, #2 for Proto, #1 for second armslab or obs. I never use squads for actual peeps.

I respond to med/ammo requests in <2 seconds (~1 usually). Pinging, I admit I only do when I suspect an ambush or they have sensory, so sometimes the obs is sitting with full energy. I always use the command hotkeys, never click on stuff to do things (except for med or ammo requests).

As for time commitment...eh..hehe...I think I would have to be more of a ringer :oops: . I'm going out of town for 2 weeks w/out NS ( :shock: ) but after that I have about a month where I can make myself available for scrims and such. I hope I can help!

Sat Aug 04, 2007 11:46 am

Yeah, I learned the hard way the jump between pub and semi-pro.

The biggest thing is staying on top of things since alot of stuff happens FAST. Dropping stuff with binds is probably the biggest thing, and spamming the Spacebar key to goto alerts is also key. As for the tech tree being different, it is and it isn't. People tend to go early Arms Lab and forgo PGs, but depending on the team and the strat it actually is quite flexible.

Do a bit of reading on good comm skills like NSLearn and RouterBox's Guide and it'll help give you a better grasp on comming at that level.

The good thing is depending on the team, usually they can organize themselves pretty well. So you tend to not have to make simple commands and can focus more on the overall strat.

Sat Aug 04, 2007 11:48 am

drop the proto from your hotkey list, and make the marines SQUUUAD 5!

it really boosts moral :twisted:

besides if your in a clan match and you have a proto, GG...

Sat Aug 04, 2007 12:29 pm
Reply to topic   [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next