Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
Command and Conquer 3: Tiberium Wars 

The demo hit cyberspace yesterday. It's available at fileshack, fileplanet, and EAlink. the F-bomb download sites have waiting lists bigger than long dong silver, but EAlink is a free download free registration (that accepts crap e-mail accounts) and downloads immediately and rather quickly.

For those of you that don't know, C&C3 is a sequel to tiberium sun/firestorm. So it's the original C&C universe, with FMV's sequences. Kane is back (with the original actor) along with notables like: The chicks from Battlestar Gallactica (boomer and six), michael ironsides (starship troppers) Lando calrissian (you should know that one) I've sene some of the FMV shots (pre-order CD) and they look just as campy and fun as the original ones were. I love it.

Game-wise, C&C will be a blend of the old c&c interface with some of the updates to RTS's in recent years. It is still a macromanagement game (meaning no special hero units etc.) and your goal is to pump out forces and exploit the weaknesses of your opponents army, rather than trying to maximize use of small forces or hero units, as per todays micromanagement RTS's.

demo comes with tutorial, 2 SP maps, 1 skirmish map.

Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:05 am
Profile ICQ
Jigglyroom Admin

is still a macromanagement game (meaning no special hero units etc.)

read: tank rush ftw!

Seriously tho, I will check it out. I was a big fan of C&C back in the day. Well, before Tiberium Sun, anyway.

He's a man who won't fit in.

Tue Feb 27, 2007 3:23 pm

Downloaded. If possible, we must play and I will zerg rush you for the win! Er... nevermind.

Wed Feb 28, 2007 7:07 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]