Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
Can anyone help? 

Ok, here goes..

I'm making some 23" round table tops for a friend's bar. On the table tops, I want to put the name of the bar around the outside edge on the top of the table. I'm trying to find a program that will allow me to put text on a radius. Can anyone suggest a program? I currently have Macromedia Fireworks but I cant figure out how to get the text to go around the radius. We're going to paint the tables black and then have the logo die cut from some chrome vinyl and stick it on top of the table top, then pour that epoxy resin stuff on top of it. I would like the letters to be 1 inch away from the top edge. If anyone can make a suggestion or lend a hand, it would be greatly appricated. It's been a while since I've used some editing programs.

Thanks for your help. =]

Thu May 03, 2007 12:40 pm
Jigglyroom Admin

proE, autoCAD, solidworks all do it for sure. but probably not the kind of program you want to use.

and i'm fairly certain photoshop does arcs or arches, what ever you want to call it, but i'm not certain if it lets you pick a radius... guess and check maybe?

bind k "amx_kick STEAM_0:0:3700026"

Thu May 03, 2007 1:52 pm
Profile WWW

I have autocad 2k but havent loaded the express tools and i left the software in storage, i'm in the middle of moving. Big pain in the ass, but thats another story.. i also havent used autocad is so long i forgot how to do an ARRAY command and do it manually. :? Guess I'm gonna havta dig my way thru storage and find my disk unless someone can help out. As for the other programs you mentioned, I dont have em. I had solidedge but that was about 10 harddrives ago.

Thu May 03, 2007 4:01 pm
Site Admin

Photoshop can do it, you'll just have to draw yerself a guide first. Adobe Illustrator can do it accurately and more easily than Autocad. (hold alt with circle tool, click, enter params, then click on edge of circle with text tool, wa'lah)

Thu May 03, 2007 4:09 pm
Profile YIM WWW

Its free is the best part and it has a load of plugins.
Its the linux version of photoshop, but now you can get it for windoze

Thu May 03, 2007 7:39 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]